What Are CBD and Cannabis?
It’s a question we get more than you’d think.
Let’s talk about Cannabidiol (CBD) first.
Let’s get scientific really fast: CBD is a non-psychoactive compound in the hemp plant with anti-inflammatory, anti-anxiety, neuroprotective, and analgesic properties.
Cannabis is separate, but equally vital for many reasons. It’s a plant containing over 100 cannabinoids, including tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), which is the main psychoactive component that causes a high or euphoric effect.
The CBD and cannabis industry has grown exponentially in recent years thanks to these products’ increasing legalization and normalization, not only in states around the country here, but around the globe.
According to a report by Grand View Research, the global CBD market size was valued at USD 6.4 billion in 2022 and is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 16.2% from 2023 to 2030. Similarly, according to a report by Statista, the global legal cannabis market size was valued at USD 24.6 billion in 2021 and is projected to reach USD 103.9 billion by 2027.
Math done for a minute.
With such rapid growth and expansion, both the CBD and cannabis industries are constantly introducing new products and innovations to cater to consumers’ diverse needs and preferences. From unique delivery methods and formulations to innovative applications of CBD and cannabis in health, wellness, beauty, fitness, relaxation, and more, there really is something for everyone in this industry.
A lot of studies have taken place recently.
- A study by researchers from Harvard Medical School found that CBD could help treat chronic pain by modulating the activity of glycine receptors in the spinal cord that are involved in pain perception. The study showed that CBD enhanced the effects of glycine receptors in mice with neuropathic pain (pain caused by nerve damage) and reduced their pain sensitivity.
- Another study found that CBD could help treat anxiety by enhancing the activity of serotonin receptors in the brain that are involved in mood regulation. The study showed that CBD increased serotonin levels in healthy volunteers exposed to stressful situations and reduced their anxiety levels.
- An ongoing study by researchers from the University of California San Diego seeks to discover whether cannabis could help treat autism spectrum disorder (ASD) by improving children’s social behavior and communication skills. Current findings indicate that cannabis improves the scores of children with ASD on various behavioral measures, such as social responsiveness, social communication, social motivation, and social awareness.
- A study by researchers from the University of New Mexico found that cannabis could help treat insomnia by improving sleep quality and duration. The study showed that cannabis increased the amount of slow-wave sleep (deep sleep) and reduced the amount of rapid eye movement (REM) sleep (dreaming sleep) in people with insomnia.
- Another study by researchers from the University of British Columbia found that cannabis could help treat opioid addiction by reducing the cravings and withdrawal symptoms of people with opioid use disorder. The study showed that cannabis reduced the severity of opioid cravings and withdrawal symptoms, such as anxiety, irritability, insomnia, and pain.
If you are in the market for high-quality, lab-tested CBD gummies in Miami Beach, you’re in luck – we have you covered. Stop by PlantaRX at 1205 71st Street, Miami Beach, FL, to check out the experience and enjoy all of the benefits that we’ve shared. You can also visit us online to learn more or place an order. If you have any questions, we’d love to help – give us a call, or send an email our way.